School of Pharmacy
The D’Youville College School of Pharmacy is a teaching and learning community of faculty, students and staff dedicated to educating tomorrow’s pharmacy practitioners and advancing the profession. Through its focus on critical inquiry, research, scholarship and service, the school ensures its graduates are qualifies to enter the practice as generalist practitioners who are prepared to serve their communities and their profession.
Our Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program integrates the natural and social sciences with practice experience in a team-based educational environment. The four-year professional program will prepare students to practice pharmacy in an inter-professional, patient-centered environment where pharmacists are responsible for assisting patients in managing their medication regimens.
- Our coursework in the natural and social sciences is integrated with practice experience so students can learn, remember, and apply what they have been taught.
- Students begin their introductory pharmacy practice experiences in the first semester. They learn to communicate with patients, solve problems related to medications and manage themselves and others in a practice environment.
- Students learn and work collaboratively with other healthcare providers through D'Youville College's expansive offerings in a variety of health care professions.
- We enrich students’ leadership skills while giving back, as they join D'Youville faculty in community service projects.
- Students participate in hands-on experiences in state-of-the-art campus medical laboratories and classrooms in the new D'Youville Academic Center.
- D'Youville offers an accelerated MBA option designed for students enrolled in the professional pharmacy program. Students are able to earn a MBA degree while concurrently pursuing a Pharm.D. degree.
Upon graduation, students are prepared to:
- communicate effectively with patients and other health care practitioners
- troubleshoot and solve problems related to drug therapy regimens
- develop and evaluate programs to improve the health of the communities you serve
- become a compassionate healthcare provider and effective contributor to a healthcare team