Comorbidity burden on the quality of diabetes care
- In: F24 - Short oral presentations of the FIP Social and Administrative Pharmacy Section on Thursday, 5 September 2013, 12:15-13:45
- At: Dublin (Ireland) (2013)
- Type: Presentations + Posters
- By: OU, Huang-tz (National Cheng Kung University, Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tainan, China Taiwan)
- Co-author(s): Erickson, Steven (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, United States of America)
Balkrishnan, Rajesh (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, United States of America)
the burden of multiple coexisting medical conditions (multimorbidity or comorbidity) in a given individual is profound as it is associated with many growing problems such as increased health care spending. Multimorbidity is common in the patients with diabetes mellitus (DM), which complicates disease management and treatment regimen, The access to the whole abstract and if available the presentation file is available to FIP members and to congress participants of that specific congress.